MOTD: Living Nature
Living Nature is a New Zealand brand which I’ve talked quite a bit about on the blog in the past. It’s no secret I’m a huge fan of their Summer Bronzing Powder and their Luminous Pressed Powder, and these are both products that I use on a day to day basis.
Living Nature are a natural brand, and they use all safe ingredients. One thing I really love about this brand is how open and honest they are with their ingredients. They have so much information on their website about what each ingredients they use, how these are derived, and what ingredient is actually beneficial for. Talc is one of the ingredients in some of their powder cosmetic products, and while I wouldn’t usually touch a product with this ingredient (Talc can sometimes contain asbestos if not treated properly), Living Nature guarantee that their talc is to the highest purity standard and is asbestos free. They also only use larger molecules rather then nano-particles. Larger molecules sit upon the skin rather than being absorbed in through the pores and this makes them much safer. It’s so nice to see a brand have so much useful (and easy to understand!) information about their ingredients on their website.
Today I wanted to share a makeup look using all Living Nature products. This is a makeup look I create quite often now, and it’s perfect for wearing to work! I really love how these products look and work together. The result is fresh-faced and the foundation sits upon the skin flawlessly! This look is super easy but still looks perfectly put together
- Foundation: I applied the liquid foundation in the shade Pure Buff all over my face using a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
- Concealer: Using the Liquid Concealer in Light, I applied this under my eyes, around my nose and to any blemishes.
- Powder: I set my whole face with the Luminous Pressed Powder in Light. This powder is slightly tinted so it gives you extra coverage as well as setting your foundation
- Bronzer: Taking a small amount of the Summer Bronze Pressed Powder on a fluffy brush, I applied this to the hollows of my cheeks, my nose, jawline and around my forehead – all the places the sun naturally hits the face
- Blush: Using the shade Warm Summer I applied this lightly to the apples of my cheeks
- Eyeshadow: Taking the shade Kauri on a flat eyeshadow brush, I placed this on to the eyelid and blended it out to the crease with a fluffy eyeshadow brush. I also applied a little of this shade to the bottom lash line. I then took a tiny amount of the shade Slate on a fluffy brush and blended this in the outer corner of my eye just to darken it up and and some depth. I then applied Slate to my upper lash line using an eyeliner brush
- Mascara: I applied the Thickening Mascara in Jet Black to my upper lashes only
- Lipstick: I applied the natural pink lipstick in the shade Laughter to my lips to finish off the look. This shade is simply beautiful and it’s quickly become one of my go-to lip shades as it’s so natural looking and is perfect for any occasion!
Have you tried any Living Nature products? I’d love to hear what your favourites are!
Please note: I was sent the majority of these products by Living Nature in order to create this post. These views are my personal opinion and are no way influenced by others. I always provide an honest opinion, so you all know which products are worth purchasing