Make Your Own Natural Hand Soap

For the past six months I’ve been making my own natural hand soap. Ever since I realised what was in the store brought soaps I was using, I’ve been giving them a wide berth. Natural hand soap isn’t something that is easily available with only a very few brands selling them. Those that are available are often quite expensive, and I find hand soap is something we go through quite quickly in my house. It’s for that reason that paying $30 per bottle just won’t work!

I decided to give making my own a try and it’s seriously so easy. Using a few simple base ingredients, you can customise your own smell through essential oils. I make a lavender and lemongrass scent for in the bathroom and a peppermint soap for the kitchen and laundry. Since it’s created using natural ingredients and oils, these soaps actually moisturise your hands rather than drying them out, and this helps to eliminate the need for hand cream.

Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make your own natural hand soap yourself!

MAKE YOUR OWN NATURAL HAND SOAP

1/2 cup of boiled or distilled water (leave to cool)
1/2 cup of Dr Bronners Liquid Castille Soap
1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
6-12 drops of essential oil of your choice.

Please follow and like The Lilly Mint Blog!
  1. findyourownhope (@findyourownhope)

April 3, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Looks lovely! I love DIYs – some soaps can be ridiculously expensive. Plus would be great fun picking and mixing your own scents 🙂

1. Sarah Lilly

April 4, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Thank you! It’s so much fun making your own products too – very satisfying I think! Some natural hand soaps are ridiculous prices, and it’s a product that you go through pretty quickly too so making your own is definitely a cheaper option! 🙂 Thanks so much for reading and have a great day! x

2. Yna Aggabao (@thisisyna)

April 4, 2017 at 6:52 pm

This is such a cool idea! Great DIY video 🙂

1. Sarah Lilly

April 5, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Thank you! I’m so glad you found it helpful! Let me know if you try to make the soap, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Have a fab day! x

3. hannahelab30

May 3, 2017 at 5:49 am

I really like how you decided to make your own natural soap due to lack of commercial availability! This is a great idea, and I also like using natural products, so I will definitely have to try this out!

1. Sarah Lilly

May 4, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Thanks Hannah! It was a really fun thing to make too – and super easy! x

4. 100percentem

June 2, 2017 at 8:57 am

Hey, love this post, I have recently started using natural products due to skin problems, I will deffo have to give this is a go! I am soon going to make some natural body butter, but my blog is mainly about natural products if you wanna browse 🙂 I find it really fun to explore and make different products !

1. Sarah Lilly

June 2, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Thanks Em! I’ve always wanted to try making my own body butter too. It’s so much fun making your own stuff. I love your blog, it’s so nice to meet another natural blogger! x

1. 100percentem

June 2, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Thank you Sarah! It is fun making your own stuff for sure, I will hopefully make the body butter soon. Yes same! Hope you find some stuff you like in my future blogs, i’ll keep my eyes peeled on yours 😊 x

Comments are closed.