12 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
Welcome to 2018! I hope everyone had an amazing, and most importantly, relaxing holiday break! I decided to take a little bit of time out over the Christmas holiday to relax and enjoy spending some quality time with my family and boyfriend. I’m now back at it, and am determined to make 2018 even better than 2017!
One of my goals this year, is to get a little more personal on the blog. While I love reviewing beauty products and sharing outfits, I also love to write and tell stories. I’m keen to share a little more of our life, our new home, and our travels on the blog this year, so expect to see things a little more in depth and a little less….fluffy sort of posts. To kick this off, I thought I would share with you 12 things you (probably) didn’t know about me to help you get to know me better. If you enjoy this post, let me know as I may do a part two!
- My favourite treat food is bliss balls. I’m obsessed with the Cranberry and Fudgetastic Frooze Balls or the Tom & Luke Mint & Cacao. I love that they are so sweet, yet healthy, so I can’t feel too guilty about eating a whole bag….
- I was homeschooled and I absolutely loved it. My mum started teaching me to read when I was about 2 years old, so by the time I went to school at 5, I found it so boring. I only lasted 6 weeks at school before mum took me out as I was so miserable, and began to teach me at home. It was only supposed to be until high school, but it worked so well and I loved it so much, that she taught me right through to the end of sixth form.
- I hardly watch TV as we don’t actually have one! In fact, I can’t remember the last time I sat down to watch something scheduled on TV! I do watch some series on demand online though, and I love silly shows like The Bachelor and Love Island.
- Aside from Taylor Swift, I don’t really listen to the popular Top 40 music and I have no idea who half of the popular artists are at the moment. I much prefer 80’s and 90’s classic rock like Pearl Jam, Bon Jovi and Icehouse, and I also love country artists like Luke Bryan, Eric Church and Sam Hunt.
- I’m a bit of a germaphobe and raw chicken freaks me out. I hate touching it, and when I have to, I’ll wash my hands about a million times afterwards and go crazy with the antibacterial spray. It just grosses me out so much and I’ll do anything I can to not to have to touch it!
- My favourite colour is pink (long before it became popular and coined as “millennial pink”), however it’s a colour I hardly ever used to wear as clothing! Since I’ve lightened my hair, I feel the colour suits me so much more and I’ve gone a little crazy adding pink items to my wardrobe. You’ll also spot a lot of pink items around our house – especially in the kitchen!
- I’ve never been overseas – apart from Australia, which when you live in NZ, doesn’t really count! My dream vacation would be to Alaska, as I love snow and I think it would be amazing to see the glacier calving!
- I’d consider myself a social person, but I can get really sick of people quickly too. I actually hate having to go into the city when it’s busy and have to battle for a carpark or get stuck in the malls with heaps of other people.
- I used to work for a radio station and I’ve been to more free movies and concerts than I can count. In fact for about four years I never paid to go to a movie! Shame it was such an awful job! 😂
- When I was 17, I discovered a bone tumour on my leg. Luckily it was non-cancerous, but I still had to have surgery to remove it. Up until then, I used to love dancing and rock climbing, but the surgery put a stop to that. Now, sadly I’m too busy to get back into these hobbies!
- I’m very allergic to avocados. Even the tiniest amount (like in a piece of sushi) will give me horrific stomach pains for hours. The number of dairy free recipes that include avocados kills me!
- I’m terrified of spiders. If I see one in the house, I’ll usually pester my boyfriend until he gets rid of it, or I’ll have to get the vacuum cleaner out to get it (from a safe distance of course!). I can’t stand them in the house, and if one happens to get on me, my heart will be pounding for about half an hour afterwards!